From the grand opening of North America’s largest EV battery recycling facility to a $1B contracted sale of sustainable pCAM for use in American-made electric vehicles – it’s been a transformational year at Ascend Elements. Watch our 2023 highlights now!
- 2023 began with an agreement to supply Honda with recycled battery materials for production of Honda vehicles in North America.
- Next, Ascend Elements was named to Fast Company’s list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies.
- Then, we landed a deal to supply Koura Global with 5,000 metric tons of recycled lithium carbonate.
- In March, we celebrated the Grand opening of our Base 1 EV battery recycling facility in Covington, Ga.
- In June, we announced a $1B deal to supply sustainable cathode precursor (pCAM) to a major U.S. customer.
- Next, Ascend Elements announced a $542 million funding round, which was one of the largest clean tech private equity raises of 2023.
- A few weeks later, we landed a deal with Freudenberg e-Power Systems and XALT Energy to engineer sustainable cathode material made from recycled lithium-ion batteries.
- In the fall, we announced a joint venture with SK ecoplant to build a new EV battery recycling facility in southwest Kentucky.
- Most recently, we began exploring joint commercialization of our Hydro-to-Anode® graphite recycling technology with Koura.
Through it all, we’ve made great progress on construction of the Apex 1 campus in Hopkinsville, Ky. – logging more than 200,000 construction hours with zero lost-time incidents.
Thanks to all our partners, investors, customers and team members for making 2023 our best year yet!